ConnectiD (we or us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This page sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting http://www.connectid.me/ (the Site) and/or downloading the ConnectiD mobile application (the App) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Who are we?
We are a software development company based in London Victoria. Our registered office is at Bank House, Bank Street, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1BL, United Kingdom and our registered company number is number 08544212. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office and our registration number is ZA079773.
What information do we collect?
Information about you (submitted information): You (or your organization) may give us information about you by filling in forms, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). This includes information provided when you (or your organization) registers to use the Site or the App, downloads the App, shares data via the App and when you report a problem with the Site, the App or any of our services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, your device’s phone number, your age, username, password and other registration information, a personal description and your photograph.
Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit the Site or use the App we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, and your time zone setting (Device Information);
- information stored on your device, including contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content, and check ins (Content Information);
- details of your use of the App and your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access (Log Information).
Location information. We may also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
Information we receive from other sources (third party information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To enable you to quickly exchange your contact details with others
- To keep your contact information up to date with your contacts
- To send occasional emails –g. who has ConnectiD with you, what new features we have etc. (just update your settings or unsubscribe at the bottom of the email if not of interest)
- To personalize your ConnectiD experience
- To administer a competition, promotion or survey
- To provide notifications to you from any organizations you are a member of.
- To improve ConnectiD, provide support and customer service
What is going to happen?
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, rented, or shared, or given to any third party for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, except as follows:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; and
- In order to protect the rights, property or safety of our customers or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our product, conducting our business, or servicing you as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law but would always endeavor to notify you of such a request. Aggregated non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
What are your rights?
You have complete control over your data that parties with whom it is shared. As a user of ConnectiD, if your registered details are present in other peoples phones and they are also a user of the ConnectiD service we will let them know that you use the product and enable them to connect easily with you so you can both enjoy the benefit of up to date details. When you change your details your contacts will be notified too.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right to opt-out at any time by contacting us.
How do we use our access to LinkedIn, Facebook and other social networks?
If you authorize ConnectiD to link to social networks we will not use your contacts or newsfeed without your permission. We will use your account details to enhance your address book, prefill your contact details and enable you to connect easily and stay up to date with all of your social contacts too.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access it. We use secure servers. All of your data is transferred over a secure SSL connection with a 2048-bit certificate and then encrypted into our database to be accessed only by those authorized with special access rights to our systems and who are required to keep the information confidential.
We are compliant with all EU privacy laws and regulations and are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioners Office (registration details above).
How to access your information?
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
What to do if you don’t want to use ConnectiD any more?
We would be sad if you wanted to leave us, but if you do want to delete your account just send an email from your registered email account to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote your registered mobile number in the email.
This policy was last modified on 15 June 2016.
If you need to contact us